A snow day is not something I look forward to, but today, I’m thankful to have one. For a little while at least, it seems like the world slows down. There are fewer cars traveling the road in front of the house, and they’re driving a slower pace. The snow muffles some of the sounds. With 5-inches of snow, a lot of birds show up at the feeders. Well, it was quiet for awhile!
Welcome to Random 5 Friday where we share five random things about us, our family, whatever comes to mind, basically. Then we link to Nancy’s blog, A Rural Journal, and see what randomness others have shared. Join in the fun!There are a lot of great folks over there.
1. The rain from this nor’easter effectively rid our yard of snow–and the wind took care of everything else that wasn’t nailed down.
2. I enjoy feeding and watching birds in my backyard.
3. I found a way to enjoy those snowy house-bound days–I fixed lunch and invited a few friends over.
4. Wishing my daughter a Happy Birthday!She’ll be celebrating at home this year, after she placed her family under quarantine. They’ve been sharing colds, stomach virus, and strep for nearly a month. In a family of nine, that’s a lot of cleaning. She says she’s giving up carpet for Lent.
5. Not sure if I’ve shared this mermaid. She didn’t show up in a photo search.