Willy Nilly Friday 5 #68
Friday’s Hunt v1.4
Sharing some random thoughts; this week’s prompts for Friday’s Hunt are Starts with D, Week’s Favorite, and Beautiful.
1. So thankful we didn’t get snow like so many of you have from Winter Storm Jonas. Initially, we had 2-3″ Friday, but come evening, the fluffy flakes turned into raindrops and melted it away. Saturday, I noticed the wind had changed direction, the fluffy flakes that had blown left to right Friday were replaced with tiny ice pellets blowing right to left. Once again, the ground was dressed in white. Tonight, the wind is howling like crazy, gusts to 50 mph expected. The storm link above says some areas had wind gusts in the 80-mph range. That’s hurricane strength!
D–Not very Deep
2. The Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel (CBBT), the 17.6-mile span that links Virginia Beach with Virginia’s Eastern Shore, is under Level 5 wind restrictions. That doesn’t happen very often! It means they’ve clocked wind speeds at 65 mph. The only vehicles permitted to cross are cars with no exterior cargo. At Level 6, it closes to all traffic.
Sunsets from the CBBT can be Beautiful.
3. I think the Northern Mockingbird might be my favorite photo this week.
4. Our granddaughter, Miss Z, turned 5 this week. I have no photo because we haven’t been there since Christmas. We’ve missed three birthdays this month! We need to get up there and get our party on, don’t you think?
5. I’m off to bed. Won’t know whether we have church until tomorrow morning. It’s our week to help out with KidCheck, and we’ll need to be there early. At this time, we can’t get our front storm door open until hubby goes out and clears the ice build-up off the threshold.
Is it spring yet?
Linking to Willy Nilly Friday 5
and Friday’s Hunt