Sorry to skip out on you last week, we traveled again to celebrate another birthday–mine!
This week we’re looking for Starts with I, Bowl, and Desire.
Starts with I: Irrigation
One of my favorite pastimes is taking the road less traveled. What better birthday gift than a backroad cruise?
Sure, this is a platter, but I wouldn’t have minded having a bowl of this! I guess I didn’t have time to focus and get the entire word ‘birthday.’ Ha! Yes, I shared the calories with the kids.
The desire was strong to check out that hammock–but it was on personal property and we heeded the ‘No Trespassing’ sign. Isn’t this inviting? (Another ‘I’ word!) It’s surrounded by the Rappahannock River.
Hello, again! Another week has flown by and it’s time for Friday’s Hunt. This week the hunt is on for Starts with G, Week’s Favorite, and Pink. I guess I’d better check my camera and see if I got any photos this week…
My Week’s Favorite (sadly, only decent photo I took this week)also includes Starts with G–the green peanut feeder.
For Pink, in our garden, we have the lovely Loropetalum, also called Fringe Flower.
I hope you’ll join in the fun and link up this week. Click the Eden Hills icon to see more posts and find all the info to participate. Hurry, deadline is Sunday evening, US Central Time.
Willy Nilly Friday 5 No. 76
Friday’s Hunt v1.13 brought to you by the letter M, Week’s Favorite, and Bird or Wings
Today’s Flowers #401
1. Mr. & Mrs. Mallard having a little conversation over dinner.
I was in the backyard taking pictures when our neighbor’s son came home from school. He walks through our yard to get to and from the bus stop on the next street over. He turned to see what subject had my attention and exclaimed, “A duck!” He whipped his phone out of his pocket and said, “I have to get a picture of this!”
2. The starling darlings monopolized the pedestal birdbath after I cleaned it.
3. The American Robin (male) gave up on them and and settled for the birdbath on the ground.
4. The Loropetalum is in bloom.
5. Mr. Mallard is one devoted dude. He stood like a soldier for the longest time while the Mrs. grazed for food, stood in the birdbath doing her yoga leg stretches, and then she finally settled down for a nap.
Friday–time for Willy Nilly Friday 5 #71 and Friday’s Hunt!
This week’s hunt includes: The Letter G, Week’s Favorite, and In My Kitchen
1. Hubby wasn’t feeling well Thursday, and came home from work early (gasp!) Friday. If you know him, you know that’s a rare occurrence.
2. On top of that, we got snow this afternoon. White flakes and black birds fell from the sky, covering the yard.
3. In My Kitchen: Our daughter said with all those blackbirds, I should make a pie. I made cobbler instead. Oh, and I used blackberries, instead of blackbirds.
4. I removed the 6″ extension piece from my Canyon Hoops hula hoop today, making it 38″ and decreasing the weight to 1.5 lbs. It was like starting all over again, but I finally got the hang of it. I’m really enjoying it. I managed two 10-minute aerobic workouts.
5. For the Letter G: The Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC) started today. It runs through Monday, February 15. Click the link to find out how to participate. They have a photo contest, too. The minimum requirement for birdwatching/counting is 15 minutes. Then you log your findings onto the bird list on the website. Changes in bird migration patterns, the number of birds, etc., are detected this way.