I missed Share Your World last week. Cee’s mixing things up a bit, we’ll see what she plans for future posts. She has a poll on this week’s post, so go here to voice your opinion on how you’d like to see Share Your World formatted–questions, lists, finish the sentence…or a combination.
Let’s get started with this week’s questions! Are you ready?
1.For your blog do you basically use Mac or Windows applications. What type of device laptop, desktop, tablet, phone or pad? I use Mac applications for everything. I prefer to create posts on a laptop for ease of formatting photos. If away from home I may read/comment on iPad or iPhone, or create a quick post with a single image.
2. If you were to treat yourself to the “finer things” what would you treat yourself to? In the sense of material goods, new furniture. The real “finer things” are not tangible.
3. Can you change a car tire? I know how, but it would probably not be a good idea. (See chronic myofascial pain) Therefore, I have a husband, and AAA.
That’s it for the questions this week. The fourth was a poll, and I voted on Cee’s post. You can too! I hope you’ll share your answers in a post you create and link to Cee’s blog, or leave your responses in the comments below. Looking forward to hearing from you!
When was the last time you sat on a park or garden bench for more than ten minutes? Describe the occasion. It was TOO LONG AGO! I went to the botanical garden for a walk and to write. It was WARM outside. I miss warm.
Would you ever be interested in observing a surgery or do you turn away when the nurse brings out the needle? I’m used to needles (trigger point therapy). It might be interesting to observe a surgery.
Where’s your favorite place to take out-of-town guests? They usually want to go to the beach.
If you had an unlimited shopping spree at only one store, which one would you choose? Why? Oooooh–shopping! I must consider this carefully. (Cue the Jeopardy music) Time’s up! It would have to be JERRY’S ARTARAMA! Because it’s an unlimited shopping spree and I assume someone else is paying for it.
Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up? I’m grateful for feedback when someone reads a devotion I wrote; and I’m looking forward to tweaking my schedule to include more time for fun things.
That’s it for this week’s Q & A with Cee! Won’t you join us? Write a post and link to Cee’s blog, or share your answers to the questions in the comments below. Thanks!
Nancy at A Rural Journal hosts Random 5 Friday, where others can link their blog posts and share what’s going on in their lives. Let’s see if I can nail down a few of those things floating around in my brain…
1. I got a good report from my massage therapist today…my knotty muscles weren’t being so naughty this time.
2.We had plumbing issues this week, couldn’t use the washer or dishwasher for three days. I hardly knew what to do with myself! But now I know what I’ll be doing this weekend.
3. Now that our mystery bird has been identified as a female painted bunting, I haven’t seen her at the feeder since last week. Maybe she’s in Witness Protection and wants to remain incognito.
4. Granddaughter, Bailey, got to play dress-up with the big kids.
Nancy at Rural Journal is hosting Random 5 Friday. The highlighted/underlined text is the link to her blog where you can find others sharing their five random thoughts.
1. We’re expecting an uninvited guest today, Tropical Storm Andrea. Hopefully, she will be unimpressed with her visit here and will direct all her family members that pop up this season to avoid landfall.
2. Scattered showers arose this morning, the sky was very dark, but now we have sunshine–and a tornado watch. That’s not something one wants to think about so soon after the the destruction wrought in Oklahoma.
3. The bee balm is in full bloom. I took pictures last evening, just in case the winds and rain knock them down. That’s the butterfly bush behind it, getting ready to blossom.
4. Had trigger point injections this morning; as I left my doctor’s office, I saw this mermaid in front of the building across the road.
5. Virginia Beach has a dolphin theme. We spotted this one on one of our Sunday drives.
I’ve been cutting, marking, sewing, ripping…(only a wee bit of the latter). I LOVE my electric scissors. I gave up sewing for quite awhile as cutting with regular scissors aggravated the myofascial pain. It’s good to be able to work with fabric again.
I finally got to use the new dishwasher this week! Poor hubby had to do the army crawl under the house (a few times) to run the new drain. Then he changed the water inlet pipes and did some electrical wiring. This might be my favorite feature:
This is the cutlery tray that slides in and out above the top rack–no more basket!
I’d better get back to the sewing machine, or go to bed…
Have a great Thursday!
My friend Jan, who has a new blog (Journey to a Dream),surprised me with this award yesterday.I am honored to receive it, and pass it on.
The rules require a link back to her blog, to tell you seven things about me, and to pass it on.
Seven? Well, here goes…
1. I love Jesus with all my heart, all my mind, all my soul, and all my strength
2. Grandchildren are the best gift anyone will ever receive
3. My daughter is my best friend
4. My husband is the hardest-working man I know
5. It’s been over 13 years, and I still miss my mom
6. I don’t know why some friends are in our lives for only a season
7. I live with chronic myofascial pain, but I’m winning, by the Grace of God
And I pass this award on to the following versatile bloggers. Please drop by and visit them. You’ll be glad you did.