Willy Nilly Friday 5 #65
I thought the Christmas shopping was done, then hubby showed up with a list! I told him to pack his bag and get outta town. (Not really, he was planning to visit his dad this weekend, anyway–and spend another day with his brother removing the tree that fell on their dad’s shed.) Then I needed something from Michael’s to finish a project. I hope all your plans are coming together–as planned! Here are my five for this week.
1. We’ve seen some amazing skies this week.
2. I saw the Painted Bunting, male, again today.
3. Things got a little noisy around the birdbath.
4. We’re making sure everyone cleans up their act for the holiday parties. Did you wash behind your ears?
5. Yet another avid bird watcher showed up.
I’ve been away since late last week. I regained my hour of lost sleep from last spring’s change to Daylight Savings Time. I looked at my kitchen calendar this evening and realized I’d fallen back a whole month–it still showed October. Who wouldn’t like to have an extra month this time of year?
Thought I’d share some photos today. Hovering over a photo will bring up the caption, clicking on a photo will start a slide show.
Have a great week!
My blogging schedule has been quite erratic this week. It’s already time for Random 5 Friday! This is where we (yes, that includes you!) share about ourselves, our day, our kids, pets, whatever comes to mind. Why don’t you join us at A Rural Journal?
1. I awoke BEFORE my alarm this morning, after about five hours sleep. A miracle, I tell ya!
2. Hubby’s making a quick weekend trip to visit his parents.
3. I had Skinny Dip frozen yogurt for dinner–fresh banana slices, peanut butter froyo, topped with a drizzle of Hershey’s chocolate syrup and chopped peanuts.
4. I stopped in Barnes & Noble (booksellers) on the way home. I could live in that bookstore. Their furniture is cushy, and someone else does the vacuuming– and cleans the restroom, come to think of it. (Sounding better all the time, right?) I purchased a 2014 weekly planner, and one of the “Chicken Soup for the Soul” books: inspiration for Writers, 101 Motivational Stories for Writers–Budding or Bestselling–from Books to Blogs.
5. Here are a couple of my backyard buddies.
Linking to A Rural Journal Random 5 Friday.
All links underlined and highlighted in blue will open a new browser page.
Every once in awhile, I peek out my window and find an unfamiliar face. Looking for a photo to share with you, I found this raccoon that visited last winter. Housing construction in our area, and more snow than is typical here, are two factors that might explain its arrival. Upon finding a food source, it stayed around a couple of days, and when the snow disappeared, so did the raccoon.