Friday rolls around once again–and nearly rolled over me this week! I need to step up my game.
This week, the hunt is on for Starts with E, Week’s Favorite, and Personal.
E is for evening on Edenton Bay–beautiful in ALL SEASONS.
My favorite this week was catching the Northern Mockingbird preening his feathers.
Making it personal—
Bring your photo choices and join the fun! The link to Friday’s Hunt is live until Sunday at 7:00 P.M. Central Time.
Wild Bird Wednesday
Snow is falling tonight! I suppose that is not a surprise to many of you since The Weather Channel said this storm is affecting 15 states. Stay safe out there!
We’re looking for Starts with A, Week’s Favorite, and Beginning this week.
Starts with A: Antlers
Reindeer we saw before Christmas “pulling” a sailboat.
Week’s Favorite: Eastern Bluebird
Finally got a shot of the Eastern Bluebird!
Beginning: The beginning of Black-eyed Susans
Wild Bird Wednesday
Willy-Nilly Friday 5
It’s been awhile since I’ve done this. I hope I can come up with five things of interest since I’ve been
goofing off flat on my back for a few days.
1. 2017 did NOT start out as I envisioned. By this time this week, I expected to have half the year’s goals marked off my list! What list? Seems I neglected to make one. OOPS. I made a mental note of it. (We all know how THAT works out.)
2. I envisioned watching the Denver Broncos defend their title throughout the play-off season–which is about to begin, and they didn’t even make it. So sad.
3. Taylor returned from Guatemala on Christmas eve, and we spent a couple days with the family. We had a lovely Christmas, and no one had to visit the ER this year.
Two years ago
4. Kai-Le celebrated her birthday four days before Christmas, Caedyn turned 12(!) yesterday, and Jae turns ten tomorrow. Today is Gotcha Day, the celebration of the day Kai-Le’s parents and siblings traveled to China and “got” her. We’re all so glad they did! I envisioned spending these days of celebration with them. Since they homeschool, they make their own holiday calendar.
5. I missed watching the birds at my kitchen window this week. Can you imagine my delight when I finally wandered downstairs and saw Eastern Bluebirds at my feeder? They have NEVER visited in the nine years I’ve been feeding birds. Now if I can just get decent pictures of them!
A lovely photo of oak branches, but at least there’s (poor) proof of a bluebird!
There’s a lot of unsettled weather in many areas, so stay safe out there. I saw a forecast model that shows 10+ inches of snow for our area. That should shut us down until about June.
Thanks for stopping by! And Happy New Year!