Friday rolls around once again–and nearly rolled over me this week! I need to step up my game.
This week, the hunt is on for Starts with E, Week’s Favorite, and Personal.
E is for evening on Edenton Bay–beautiful in ALL SEASONS.
My favorite this week was catching the Northern Mockingbird preening his feathers.
Making it personal—
Bring your photo choices and join the fun! The link to Friday’s Hunt is live until Sunday at 7:00 P.M. Central Time.
Wild Bird Wednesday
Snow is falling tonight! I suppose that is not a surprise to many of you since The Weather Channel said this storm is affecting 15 states. Stay safe out there!
We’re looking for Starts with A, Week’s Favorite, and Beginning this week.
Starts with A: Antlers
Reindeer we saw before Christmas “pulling” a sailboat.
Week’s Favorite: Eastern Bluebird
Finally got a shot of the Eastern Bluebird!
Beginning: The beginning of Black-eyed Susans
Wild Bird Wednesday
Willy-Nilly Friday 5
It’s been awhile since I’ve done this. I hope I can come up with five things of interest since I’ve been
goofing off flat on my back for a few days.
1. 2017 did NOT start out as I envisioned. By this time this week, I expected to have half the year’s goals marked off my list! What list? Seems I neglected to make one. OOPS. I made a mental note of it. (We all know how THAT works out.)
2. I envisioned watching the Denver Broncos defend their title throughout the play-off season–which is about to begin, and they didn’t even make it. So sad.
3. Taylor returned from Guatemala on Christmas eve, and we spent a couple days with the family. We had a lovely Christmas, and no one had to visit the ER this year.
Two years ago
4. Kai-Le celebrated her birthday four days before Christmas, Caedyn turned 12(!) yesterday, and Jae turns ten tomorrow. Today is Gotcha Day, the celebration of the day Kai-Le’s parents and siblings traveled to China and “got” her. We’re all so glad they did! I envisioned spending these days of celebration with them. Since they homeschool, they make their own holiday calendar.
5. I missed watching the birds at my kitchen window this week. Can you imagine my delight when I finally wandered downstairs and saw Eastern Bluebirds at my feeder? They have NEVER visited in the nine years I’ve been feeding birds. Now if I can just get decent pictures of them!
A lovely photo of oak branches, but at least there’s (poor) proof of a bluebird!
There’s a lot of unsettled weather in many areas, so stay safe out there. I saw a forecast model that shows 10+ inches of snow for our area. That should shut us down until about June.
Thanks for stopping by! And Happy New Year!
Happy New Year! We tied a big bow on 2016 and packed it away; looking forward with anticipation as we open 2017 to see what it has in store for us. Blessings to you!
Prompts this week: Starts with any letter, Week’s Favorite, and Celebrate
I couldn’t pick just one letter, so here are several on a sign we saw on Hilton Head Island.
Week’s Favorite: Lunch at Panera–Bistro French Onion Soup and Green Goddess Cobb Salad
Celebrate: We celebrated Kai-Le’s birthday (11) a few days before Christmas; she loves to bake.
Hurricane Matthew has kept us busy this week as we tried to prepare for the unexpected. Watching. Waiting. Praying for those of you to the south of us who still bear much of the storm’s wrath, may you and your loved ones be safe. We have heavy rain, expecting 8-12 inches with 60 mph wind gusts; a flash flood warning now in effect. Internet is spotty today, makes trying to post a test of my character!
I apologize for not getting to visit your blogs this week, hopefully this week will be better.
This week we’re looking for Starts with O, Week’s Favorite, and Eyes.
O is for Overcast sky.
My Week’s Favorite (the only picture I’ve taken this week) is the Encore Azalea.
These were the first Eyes that came to mind–a Cooper’s Hawk–who keeps an eye on the backyard birds.
Share Your World
Apparently, I slept through Monday. Well, not really, but with what I accomplished, one might think so. I switched to Zyrtec for late summer/fall allergies, forgetting the drowsiness it causes. Now I realize that’s why I was so sluggish last week!
Here are Cee’s questions; I hope you’ll share your answers, too.
List 2 things you have to be happy about.
First, I’m happy to have figured out my slo-mo problem is nothing more than a side effect, and second, that the lady who pulled out in front of me the other day made it safely to another lane.
If you could take a photograph, paint a picture or write a story of any place in the world, what and where would it be?
So many wonderfully inspiring places from which to choose…I think a cabin in the woods on a mountain near a water source.
Should children be seen and not heard?
It depends on the circumstances. Of course there are times we should all be silent/reverent, but from my experience, children are wonderful sources of humor and wisdom, and should be allowed to be children.
List at least five of your favorite first names.
Those would be the names that show up on my phone as incoming texts.
Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?
I was grateful to celebrate another trip around the sun, Saturday’s employee-appreciation dinner at a lovely venue, and a visit to the botanical garden; looking forward to cooler temperatures and rain later this week. I’m getting lots of things cleaned up around the house.
Spider alert–below miniature roses