It is Wednesday, right? I feel like I’ve ridden the Tilt-a-Whirl at the carnival, pulled in so many directions. I did the final proofing on my devotional this morning, ended up deleting 100+ words and tightening up the rest and
finally hit “send.” Here are my random thoughts for today:
1. Hubby will be so surprised when he gets home and sees this:
I found a 20 oz. can of crushed pineapple and an angel food cake mix languishing in the cabinet. I added 3/4 cup of shredded coconut and a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Stirred it all together, poured into the cake pan and baked at 350F for 50 minutes. The kitchen smelled so good, the aroma made me hungry. I’m thinking DINNER. Or afternoon SNACK.
2. Jae got his cast off Monday. He now wears a brace and will have a couple weeks of physical therapy. His lost Star Wars light saber was found inside the cast. Boys!
3. Last week I was at my daughter’s house. I left the room (and my iPhone) for ONE MINUTE. Teenagers! LOL Love you, Miss P.
When I got home, I found pictures of just about every family member on there. Oh, they were having fun with that! I like that the captures are impromptu, no posing–or hiding from the camera.
4. I captured a wee bit of a sun dog (parhelion–new word for me!) at the park one afternoon.
5. I read this quote on someone’s blog, but forgot where I saw it.
“Look and you will find it. What is unsought will go undetected.” Sophocles
When I think of the wonders I do see, I can’ t help but wonder what I’m missing. Let’s keep our eyes open (and camera in hand) there’s always something to discover.