Willy Nilly Friday 5
It’s been awhile since I’ve written a random post. Now, where’d all those ideas go that popped into my head? Oh, here’s one…
1. A month ago I saw what appeared to be a bolt of lightning when moving my eye to the left. My diagnosis was Posterior Vitreous Detachment. Today was the follow-up, and everything appears stable.
2. This mermaid was new in the eye doctor’s office. If you’ve followed this blog for awhile, you may remember the Norfolk Mermaid posts.
3. Silliness abounded in the backyard this week. You’ll never guess who was involved. No, it wasn’t me!
4. We’ve seen impressive sunsets lately. Here’s one of them:
5. Some days it was hard to find the sun.
“Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.” –Anthony J. D’Angelo
Willy-nilly Friday 5
1. The Great Caterpillar Mystery is no longer a mystery! The bandit was caught on *surveillance video.
Northern Cardinal, juvenile male
Would you like a napkin to expunge the evidence?
2. Our Northern Mockingbird is back and singing. He does a perfect imitation of a car alarm that goes off down the street.
He kept puffing and shaking his feathers, thought he would hop in the birdbath.
3. I walked six+ miles today at First Landing State Park.
Trooping Funnel? Mushroom looks like a birdbath.
4. Looks like one of the mermaids escaped Norfolk.
To see more, open menu on the left and scroll categories to Norfolk Mermaids.
5. Bath time!
Linking to Willy-nilly Friday 5
You may remember this Norfolk mermaid from a previous post. This week, I’m featuring the fence for Good Fences #4. Others may have fences to contain horses, cattle, etc., but here on the east coast, we have to keep our mermaids from swimming away.
Linking to The Run*A*Round Ranch blog
Welcome to Random 5 Friday where we share five random things about us, our family, whatever comes to mind, basically. Then we link to Nancy’s blog, A Rural Journal, and see what randomness others have shared. Join in the fun! There are a lot of great folks over there.
1. The rain from this nor’easter effectively rid our yard of snow–and the wind took care of everything else that wasn’t nailed down.
2. I enjoy feeding and watching birds in my backyard.
Birds? What birds?
3. I found a way to enjoy those snowy house-bound days–I fixed lunch and invited a few friends over.
4. Wishing my daughter a Happy Birthday! She’ll be celebrating at home this year, after she placed her family under quarantine. They’ve been sharing colds, stomach virus, and strep for nearly a month. In a family of nine, that’s a lot of cleaning. She says she’s giving up carpet for Lent.
5. Not sure if I’ve shared this mermaid. She didn’t show up in a photo search.
Norfolk Mermaid on Parade
I hope you have a great weekend!
Random 5 Friday, where we share five things about our lives. Join us!
1. This week I moved things around in my sewing room to make the space a bit more usable. (Like boxes of kitchen ceiling tile that’s been hogging a corner.) They got moved OUT. There’s still a lot to sort/donate, but more of the floor is visible. That’s a good feeling.
2. I usually make my own greeting cards, but I bought hubby’s valentine today. On Valentine’s Day. Yes, I was in the store at the last minute. And I was not alone!
3. The weather app forecast for today’s high was 52F. It got above 60! I hope this trend continues. We’ll be heading for our daughter’s this weekend, she got six inches of snow this week. It’s a good thing I like her so much.
4. We get to celebrate three of the grandkid’s January birthdays. Just a little late.
5. Let me see if I can find you a nice mermaid for today:
Norfolk Mermaids on Parade
Linking to Random 5 Friday
Today, I’m sharing five random thoughts for Random 5 Friday. Won’t you join us and share what’s on your mind?
1. My massage therapist moved to a different salon, so today I saw another therapist. She did an excellent job, but I learned her husband just got orders– sending them outside the U.S.
2. Several of the grandkids have an assortment of cold/flu symptoms. We’re supposed to go visit next weekend. I hope everyone gets well SOON.
3. We’ve gotten through a week without any new snowfall! There’s still a tiny patch of snow in a shady area of the front flower bed. There are still some huge mounds in parking lots.
4. Hubby’s had visions of Pineapple-Upside-Down Cake dancing in his head, so I surprised him by baking one today.
5. I wasn’t expecting to find a vertical mermaid:
Norfolk Mermaids on Parade
Her abdomen pays tribute to our international ports.
Her tail fin shows the Norfolk cityscape from the Elizabeth River.
Linking to Random 5 Friday, where you can find out how to join in the fun.
Thanks for hosting, Nancy.
It’s time for Random 5 Friday! Join in the fun and share five random thoughts about you, your day, your kids, your pets, whatever! Here are mine:
- We got about 8″ of snow Tuesday-Wednesday, not something we see often in Virginia Beach
- A flock of blackbirds moved in, took over the feeders
- Gulls were swooping in low over the neighborhood, their food sources frozen or buried in snow–and not many folks leaving them French fries in the parking lotI whipped up a batch of Quacker Crackers from a bird-feeding cookbook and invited them over. They effectively displaced the blackbirds, for a change of scenery.
- This week’s storm created an even larger icicle collection than the one we had last week
- Here’s another Mermaid on Parade–her paint has seen better days
Linking to Random 5 Friday