You may remember this Norfolk mermaid from a previous post. This week, I’m featuring the fence for Good Fences #4. Others may have fences to contain horses, cattle, etc., but here on the east coast, we have to keep our mermaids from swimming away.
Welcome to Random 5 Friday where we share five random things about us, our family, whatever comes to mind, basically. Then we link to Nancy’s blog, A Rural Journal, and see what randomness others have shared. Join in the fun!There are a lot of great folks over there.
1. The rain from this nor’easter effectively rid our yard of snow–and the wind took care of everything else that wasn’t nailed down.
2. I enjoy feeding and watching birds in my backyard.
3. I found a way to enjoy those snowy house-bound days–I fixed lunch and invited a few friends over.
4. Wishing my daughter a Happy Birthday!She’ll be celebrating at home this year, after she placed her family under quarantine. They’ve been sharing colds, stomach virus, and strep for nearly a month. In a family of nine, that’s a lot of cleaning. She says she’s giving up carpet for Lent.
5. Not sure if I’ve shared this mermaid. She didn’t show up in a photo search.
Random 5 Friday, where we share five things about our lives. Join us!
1. This week I moved things around in my sewing room to make the space a bit more usable. (Like boxes of kitchen ceiling tile that’s been hogging a corner.) They got moved OUT. There’s still a lot to sort/donate, but more of the floor is visible. That’s a good feeling.
2. I usually make my own greeting cards, but I bought hubby’s valentine today. On Valentine’s Day. Yes, I was in the store at the last minute. And I was not alone!
3. The weather app forecast for today’s high was 52F. It got above 60! I hope this trend continues. We’ll be heading for our daughter’s this weekend, she got six inches of snow this week. It’s a good thing I like her so much.
4. We get to celebrate three of the grandkid’s January birthdays. Just a little late.
5. Let me see if I can find you a nice mermaid for today:
It’s time for Random 5 Friday! Join in the fun and share five random thoughts about you, your day, your kids, your pets, whatever! Here are mine:
We got about 8″ of snow Tuesday-Wednesday, not something we see often in Virginia Beach
A flock of blackbirds moved in, took over the feeders
Gulls were swooping in low over the neighborhood, their food sources frozen or buried in snow–and not many folks leaving them French fries in the parking lotI whipped up a batch of Quacker Crackers from a bird-feeding cookbook and invited them over. They effectively displaced the blackbirds, for a change of scenery.
This week’s storm created an even larger icicle collection than the one we had last week
Here’s another Mermaid on Parade–her paint has seen better days