Good Fences #93–New Year’s Eve
Sharing a fence shot from late October at the botanical garden, and wishing everyone a safe, happy holiday and good health throughout the New Year.
We have so much going on this week, I’m taking the rest of the week off from blogging. I’ll visit you as I can, but won’t be posting. Your regularly scheduled programming should return on Monday. Be safe, and blessed.
Labor Day is celebrated the first Monday in September in the U.S. It was created to honor the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country. Not everyone gets to have the day off, though. Those employed in retail, food establishments, and other service-related industries work “business as usual.”
That’s the story behind our holiday, and now, onto my recent attempt at macro with my Nikon.
It looks like ants appreciate the flowers!
Random 5 Friday, where we share five things about our lives. Join us!
1. This week I moved things around in my sewing room to make the space a bit more usable. (Like boxes of kitchen ceiling tile that’s been hogging a corner.) They got moved OUT. There’s still a lot to sort/donate, but more of the floor is visible. That’s a good feeling.
2. I usually make my own greeting cards, but I bought hubby’s valentine today. On Valentine’s Day. Yes, I was in the store at the last minute. And I was not alone!
3. The weather app forecast for today’s high was 52F. It got above 60! I hope this trend continues. We’ll be heading for our daughter’s this weekend, she got six inches of snow this week. It’s a good thing I like her so much.
4. We get to celebrate three of the grandkid’s January birthdays. Just a little late.
5. Let me see if I can find you a nice mermaid for today:
Linking to Random 5 Friday
Trying to get back into writing rhythm–let’s Share Your World.
1. How do you like to spend a rainy day?
Ideally, I’d stay inside, do housework and laundry so when the weather changes I can go out and play.
2. What is the weirdest or strangest thing you saw or heard or did this week?
I put several peanut butter balls covered in chocolate in a Ziploc bag to bring home. 400+ miles later, the many had become one.
3. What item, that you don’t have already, would you most like to own?
A camera with a higher-power zoom than my present one.
4. How many times have you moved in the last ten years?
Thanks, Cee, for providing Share Your World for us.
Now it’s your turn–create a post with your answers and link to Cee’s blog (the blue links will take you there) or leave your replies in the comments section.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!