Willy Nilly Friday 5
1. For her birthday, our granddaughter requested something to make waffles. We got her one of these, since they are a family of nine. (Click the image for info.) It was a hit and the house smelled of waffles all weekend–but I’m not sure that’s a good thing!
2. The weather forecast predicted below-freezing temperatures overnight, so I wasn’t sure what we were getting ourselves into! It warmed up nicely during the day, so it worked out, after all. I got a text that our area at home had a frost warning–and I remembered I’d left the potted daisy plants outside.
3. We came home to see the neighbors planted hedges along part of the property line–and had pruned the large azalea–too late in the season for that as they bloom on the previous year’s growth. They had also cleaned up the bed I’d neglected on our side of the property line. That was a blessing, as I’d considered moving the irises and catmint, and planting something different in there. However, three catmint plants and the irises are gone.
4. Karen walks 5-6 miles nearly every day. She inspired me to order weather-proof jacket and pants so I can take back those not-too-cold rainy days that keep me indoors on the treadmill.
5. Not a very good photo, but I can’t help but smile to find a Carolina Wren tucked up inside the awning at night.
Linking to Willy Nilly Friday 5