1. The world looks a little brighter this morning. Still very cloudy, but brighter. A squirrel ventured from its safe place in search of food. It should find lots on the ground. Thursday I shared the fallen tree limbs; Friday I arrived home to find this:
This was our original feeder pole, hubby staked it when it started to lean. It eventually rusted at ground level and Friday it came down with the wind.
2. Saturday he determined the parts needed and off we went to Wild Birds Unlimited to procure them. That afternoon he set the new pole. We had plans to move it closer to the kitchen window, and now it is. Good things come in unexpected ways.
3. His sister called to tell us a large, old tree fell at their dad’s house. Thankfully, not on the house.
4. Sunday night I scrolled through viewers photos of their areas on weather.com. I hadn’t realized how much water covered such a vast area. My heart and prayers go out to all affected by the recent flooding. This storm was the driving force that sent Joaquin further east.
5. I had three writing projects/deadlines last week, so once again, I apologize for not getting over to visit your blogs as much as I’d like.