Randomness on Monday
There are five random thoughts and five photos. The layout shows huge gaps between them that were not apparent in the editor as created. Please scroll all the way down the page. Thanks!
1. It’s amazing how quickly Christmas comes and goes. Now it’s time to move on–two of our grandchildren have birthdays this week! I wish we could beam ourselves up to their house and back home at will.
2. I overheard our grandson’s request for roller blades as his mom helped him don roller skates that were becoming too small. I made a mental note and thought I had the perfect birthday present. However, he got a new scooter for Christmas, and promptly fractured the upper tibia plate where his “leg bone connects to his knee bone.” An MRI is scheduled this week–and roller blades are off the list!
3. We had nice weather this weekend, and drove out to MacKay Island Wildlife Refuge. It is closed on Sundays, but there’s an observation deck where one can observe migrating birds. It’s a popular place for Snow Geese and Tundra Swans.
4. I cropped this shot tightly to show the black feather detail on the wing tips of the Snow Geese.
As you can see, there are quite a few of them!
5. Looking east, American Coots bobbed on the water (along with a few ducks).
That’s it for me this rainy, random Monday. What’s on your calendar for this week?