Nancy is back from spring break, and so is Random 5 Friday. To join in the fun, all you have to do is list five things about yourself, life, children, pets…then link to Nancy’s blog, A Rural Journal. I’m a city slicker, but she lets me play, too. 😉
Here are my five things:
1. We had a beautiful day here, today. Low 70s, no humidity to speak of (plenty of pollen to make up for it). I started the day with a massage, then ran errands all afternoon. It was wonderful!
2. This was likely my last session with my “new” therapist. I’m trying to figure out how to get to Japan every month! Our area is home to several military bases, air stations, camps, forts…and as most of you know, they like to move people around every so often. I’m going to miss her.
3. I had a hankering for a new cookbook and spent a good bit of time in Barnes & Noble. Didn’t find anything I had to have, so I headed to the magazine section. Better Homes & Gardens has a “Fast & Fresh” special interest publication. The feature article is Easy Ways to Eat More Veggies. The cover photo of Sizzling Beef Salad with Fresh Tomato Salsa was the perfect selling point. I tried to find a photo of it online for you, but unsuccessful.
4. Hubby mowed the grass when he got home, now we can work on other gardening projects this weekend.
5. Seeing (and hearing) more signs of spring: Lots of birdsong, the male cardinal brings food to the female, the Mallard ducks visit, the mockingbird is scouting bushes for the perfect nesting site, more green leaves sprout every day. Ahhhh, it’s a wonderful season.
Those are my five things for this week’s Random 5 Friday. What are yours?