Nancy’s Random 5 Friday is back! I’m running late this week, I hope her “A Rural Journal” bus hasn’t left without me.
1. The Christmas shopping is done; gifts yet to be wrapped. Time to put the hubby to work…as soon as he wakes from his nap!
2. We had a high temperature of 81 today! It didn’t take long to drop 20 degrees when the sun set and the wind picked up. Tomorrow (Monday) calls for rain and 72, Tuesday’s high 45. That’s just not right.
3. We didn’t put up the tree this year, but we did put lights in the windows and a new wreath on the front door.
4. I saw a new bird in the yard around sunset. It was bright green all over, and was eating seed on the ground with the Song Sparrow. I imagine it was someone’s exotic bird, haven’t been able to identify it yet.
5. I stocked up on Mermaids on Parade photos to get us through winter, hopefully!
This one’s tail has been wrapped in greenery, and mini-light strands encircle her. I wish I could have seen her illuminated.
We’ll be traveling some this week, and won’t have internet available in some areas. I’ll try to check in on you when I can. If you celebrate the holiday–Merry Christmas!
Linking to Random 5 Friday, where you can share your five random thoughts and/or read what others wrote.