Nancy is taking a break for the holiday season, but I’m going to continue Random 5 Friday posts. Here goes:
1. I awakened to chirping around 7:30 this morning. No, it wasn’t a bird this time, it was the carbon monoxide detector. Do I qualify as a morning person now?
2. I’m glad I got up early, it’s 77F! I turned off the heat and opened the back door to invite it inside.
3. This is what I saw when I opened the door:
4. I baked a 13×9 pan of Pumpkin Pie-less (no crust). The kitchen smells so good!
5. I’m still kicking myself for missing the photo op of the year. I stop by the kitchen window several times a day to observe any visiting birds. Wednesday, I bopped up to the window and there stood a Cooper’s Hawk in the middle of the pedestal birdbath! I saw it. It saw me. I held very still (camera just out of reach!) but it was leery of the movement detected by its keen eyesight, and flew away.
That sums up my Random 5 Friday. What randomness is wandering in your head? Please share.