I chose #2 from Mama Kat’s Writing Prompts this week.
“Your top 5 secrets to a successful marriage!”
1. Don’t even think about marrying someone you entertain thoughts of changing. What you see is what you get. Love it, or leave it.
2. How many times have I heard, “I’m marrying him/her not their family?” Don’t fool yourself. They will be YOUR family, too.
3. Do not nag, belittle, or berate your spouse. This is a partnership. A wounded partner throws off the couple’s balance. Support one another, instead.
4. I read this before and think it is worth mentioning here: Don’t yell at each other unless the house is on fire.
5. We have a shared faith. We grow together and toward our God. A three-fold cord is not easily broken.
Those are my top five marriage secrets. Hubby and I will be married 38 years come November.
Check out Mama Kat’s blog to see what others have chosen to write about.