Joining with Nancy at A Rural Journal for Random 5 Friday.
1. I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable Independence Day.
2. We’ll be heading off to see the grandchildren SOON, so I may not get to visit your blogs until next week. It looks like I might have a hard time getting my hands on the baby, though.
3. The black-eyed susans are no longer being shy.
4. I was in the kitchen when a pigeon flew into the window. It gave me quite a start, being so loud; I went out to see if it was in the yard, which it was. I thought most certainly its neck was broken as it lay there, feet in the air. After donning disposable gloves, I gently picked it up, the head came around to align with the feet and it tried to fly. It spent the morning on the patio, and walked around to the back of the shed while I filled birdbaths and watered plants. I hope it will be okay.
5. Several of its friends/family went for a dip.
I hope you’ve found a place to stay cool, or warm, depending on which hemisphere you reside. Have a great weekend!