I’ve enjoyed reading Random 5 Friday posts at Nancy’s blog, and decided to join in the fun this week.
1. I have been remiss in sharing that I won a giveaway MONTHS ago on Nancy’s blog. It’s a matted photo of a Rose-breasted Grosbeak, featuring her wonderful photographic skill and texture effects. You know how enamored I am of birds, anyway, and it was the first thing I ever won on a blog. Thanks, Nancy!
2. I’ve felt like a dog chasing its tail this week. I spent the better part of the last two weeks at my daughter’s–a new granddaughter arrived–and three days of driving the home-schooled siblings for their yearly testing, something I enjoy helping with. It must be the side effects of pretending to be a morning person.
3. There’s a lot of noise coming from the backyard bird feeders today. A nest of House Finches must have fledged and are begging the parents, “Feed me, feed me…” Exactly what it sounds like.
4. About a dozen Black Swallowtail Butterfly chrysalises over-wintered in our shed and are now emerging in an aquarium in my kitchen. I open the window, which is where they head immediately. Most have to stop, or fall into the sink, but eventually they set sail in the breeze on brand new wings. Sadly, I witnessed a Northern Mockingbird snatching one as it made its way across the yard.
5. Thinking of five random things is harder than it looks! I hope you’ll join us some Friday. Here are Nancy’s rules to play by:
2. Posts not containing 5 random facts may be deleted (sorry, but I don’t ask much!)
3. Visit a few other participants if you are able. This is a very friendly community!