Dianna, who can be found at http://thesedaysofmine.com, recently bestowed upon my blog a “Lovely Blog Award.” Thanks, Dianna.
As blog awards go, in turn, I’m to award it to fifteen other bloggers, and tell seven things about myself that you may not know. There are so many wonderful blogs, most of the ones I follow regularly are listed on my blogroll at the bottom of the page. I know many of us
stalk visit the same blogs, so I’d like to invite you to look over my blogroll, and stop by to meet some of the bloggers who may be new to you. All are deserving of an award, but participating in NaNoWriMo this month leaves me short on blogging time. Thank you for understanding.
Seven things about myself:
1. Several years ago, I nearly lost the vision in my right eye from toxoplasmosis; but for the grace of God.
2. A young opossum has been visiting our backyard recently, under cover of darkness–therefore I haven’t been able to share its picture with you.
3. My dad raised chickens, and they ended up on the dinner table. I will not go into the details of him wielding the hatchet.
4. I found what I thought was a snake when gathering eggs once. I couldn’t see into the nest box, but what I felt turned out to be the tail of an opossum. My brother was sent to “take care of it,” and we kept it as a pet until it tried to bite me.
5. My dad also raised rabbits. And hunted squirrels. And all those things ended up in jars in the basement cellar. It reminded me of a mad scientist’s lab. To my knowledge, I never ate any of it.
6. I did eat Coco Wheats for breakfast every morning before school for twelve years. I wonder if that was a record.
7. My first crush was on the milkman when I was about five years old.
Well, there you have it! I hope I haven’t ruined your breakfast/lunch/dinner/midnight snack.
NaNoWriMo updated word total: 4,312