Home after celebrating a weekend of birthdays–Hubby and SIL–and attending a Spartan OCR (obstacle course race). Monday finds me busy as a bee.
This is the butterfly garden we started from a bag of mixed seed this year. We love it!
Shot taken through glass–I didn’t dare open the door. Oops! I used words!
Wild Bird Wednesday
“This shy bird can be hard to see, but it delivers an amazing number of decibels for its size.”
Anyone familiar with these birds knows this to be a true statement. They command a fair amount of respect from the other birds. Most are happy to clear a space when one shows up at the feeder.
Thanks, Stewart, for hosting Wild Bird Wednesday. It’s fun, and a learning experience all rolled into one. All are welcome to link up their bird posts. Click the blue link to check it out.
Elizabeth City, NC
This is my version of sharing my world while Cee is on break.
We got there, and I realized my camera was at home! These were shot with my iPhone.
1. I got a surprise this morning! Hubby called, he was unable to work in his office and was on his way home.
2. It was 82F degrees, with a light breeze, so we spent the afternoon at the botanical garden.
3. I learned that the large circular sculpture with strings and leaves (in previous post) is in the Reflection Garden. This garden was added in fall 2013 during the 75th anniversary. I’ll continue research for more answers.
4. I’m having trouble with my browser and unable to add photos to my post. :(
5. I’m calling it a day, maybe everything will work in the morning! LOL All life’s problems should be solvable by a good night’s sleep, don’t you think? Have a great weekend! I hope to catch up on visiting you, too.