Share Your World
It’s a new week, and Cee has new questions for us. Let’s get started! These are quick and easy, I hope you’ll share YOUR world, too.
Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
Work-in-progress–no doors at this time.
Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel?
What is your usual bedtime?
I don’t have one, I stay up until I’m sleepy.
Do you like to use post-it notes?
When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
Last month (December).
I don’t like confined places, especially if it’s too warm.
How tall are you?
Share Your World
Here are Cee’s questions for the week, are you ready? Looks like we’d better don our thinking caps. Well, I need to, anyway.
If you lost a bet and had to dye your hair a color of the rainbow for a week, what color would it be?
Since the Broncos are out of the NFL play-offs, orange is out. I think I’ll go with a lovely shade of green–Packers Green.
If you could choose one word to focus on for 2017, what would it be?
What was one thing you learned last year that you added to your life?
I finally gave in and started using the new WordPress editor.
If life was ‘just a bowl of cherries’… which fruit other than a cherry would you be..?
I’d go bananas.
Optional Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?
I’m grateful we only got 8″ of snow; thankful it is GONE this week. Looking forward to temperatures in the 60s.
Wild Bird Wednesday
Snow is falling tonight! I suppose that is not a surprise to many of you since The Weather Channel said this storm is affecting 15 states. Stay safe out there!
We’re looking for Starts with A, Week’s Favorite, and Beginning this week.
Starts with A: Antlers
Week’s Favorite: Eastern Bluebird
Beginning: The beginning of Black-eyed Susans
Willy-Nilly Friday 5
It’s been awhile since I’ve done this. I hope I can come up with five things of interest since I’ve been
goofing off flat on my back for a few days.
1. 2017 did NOT start out as I envisioned. By this time this week, I expected to have half the year’s goals marked off my list! What list? Seems I neglected to make one. OOPS. I made a mental note of it. (We all know how THAT works out.)
2. I envisioned watching the Denver Broncos defend their title throughout the play-off season–which is about to begin, and they didn’t even make it. So sad.
3. Taylor returned from Guatemala on Christmas eve, and we spent a couple days with the family. We had a lovely Christmas, and no one had to visit the ER this year.
4. Kai-Le celebrated her birthday four days before Christmas, Caedyn turned 12(!) yesterday, and Jae turns ten tomorrow. Today is Gotcha Day, the celebration of the day Kai-Le’s parents and siblings traveled to China and “got” her. We’re all so glad they did! I envisioned spending these days of celebration with them. Since they homeschool, they make their own holiday calendar.
5. I missed watching the birds at my kitchen window this week. Can you imagine my delight when I finally wandered downstairs and saw Eastern Bluebirds at my feeder? They have NEVER visited in the nine years I’ve been feeding birds. Now if I can just get decent pictures of them!
There’s a lot of unsettled weather in many areas, so stay safe out there. I saw a forecast model that shows 10+ inches of snow for our area. That should shut us down until about June.
Thanks for stopping by! And Happy New Year!
Happy New Year! We tied a big bow on 2016 and packed it away; looking forward with anticipation as we open 2017 to see what it has in store for us. Blessings to you!
Prompts this week: Starts with any letter, Week’s Favorite, and Celebrate
I couldn’t pick just one letter, so here are several on a sign we saw on Hilton Head Island.
Week’s Favorite: Lunch at Panera–Bistro French Onion Soup and Green Goddess Cobb Salad
Celebrate: We celebrated Kai-Le’s birthday (11) a few days before Christmas; she loves to bake.